Tuesday 8 January 2013

Name and Shame: Gatwick Airport South Terminal

I moved back home to Canada yesterday! Moving is a taxing experience, and if your move involves a flight, that's even harder.

Yesterday, I flew from London Gatwick airport's south terminal. I fly a lot. I have a routine in airports. I empty my water bottle as I go through security, then fill it up on the other side either from a water fountain or the taps in the bathroom. I've used this routine in Gatwick many times to great effect.

Yesterday was different, however. The South Terminal is under renovation, and, to my absolute HORROR the genius architect decided to remove the water fountain. To add to my misery, the bathroom taps only provided hot water. Grumble grumble.

Needless to say, I filled out a comment form, declaring that they were violating my human rights by refusing me access to drinking water, and also called them out on their eco-friendliness... or lack thereof.

I can accept not allowing drink through security - I get it, liquid bomber, blah blah blah (I actually flew three days after that event, and trust me security now is a breeze compared to that!). But to not allow access to free, clean, cold drinking water on the other side? To force weary travellers to purchase a wasteful bottle of water when they don't need one? That's both rediculous and incredibly greedy.

So, Gatwick South Terminal, I name and shame you.

PUT THE WATER FOUNTAIN BACK IN

Update
I just received this email response to my complaint card.


Dear Planet F

Your feedback is really important to us, so we'd like to start by thanking you for taking the time to contact us.

Our aim is to give your comments the attention they deserve, so we'll now undertake a full investigation. This may mean us contacting several departments and airport partners within Gatwick Airport.

We'd be really grateful for your patience over the coming days while we gather all the information we need.

Please rest assured, however, that we'll contact you as soon as possible. In fact, our aim is to have completed our investigation and contact you within 14 days.

Thanks once again for sending us your e-mail and we'll be in touch again as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Person from Gatwick 

Well, it's a start! We'll see what this "investigation" leads to.

9 comments:

  1. Lol...they must be joking. How they can do this? Gatwick Airport Parking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog...Gatwick meet and greet car parking facility provides the best service at the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading this informative post i am so glad because i got such a great information form here .
    www.travelg.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well written all the things. Cheap gatwick parking
    is providing the best services.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the anger is understandable but you have to consider that they might have reason to do so. if in any case they didn't i am sure they are working on it now specially after your calling them out. valet parking gatwick

    ReplyDelete
  6. There must be some kind of problem or misunderstanding or a design flaw but what ever it is people should not have to bother for thing as trivial as water. gatwick valet parking

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need not be so angry, Rules are the same for everyone. Manchester Parking allows you to have a journey that is totally free of parking issues.

    ReplyDelete