Thursday, 30 August 2012

Tip #1 - Laundry

The first quick tip is to do with laundry.  I’ve always had sensitive skin, and have needed liquid, sensitive skin detergent since I was born.  With bottles of liquid detergent costing up to $15, depending on brand and volume, the cost seemed minimal at first, but can add up over the year, let alone decade.  The solution to this is washing balls.  I bought a set (I won’t mention a brand name as I’m unwilling to promote any specific product on this blog) in the UK for ₤10 nearly four years ago.  The starter pack came with two balls, two refills, and an eco stain remover.  I’ve purchased some more refills, which cost another ₤10 for six refill packs.  Therefore, I’ve spent ₤20 over 4 years for all my laundry for me and my boyfriend (just over $30 Canadian).  That’s under $10/year, well below the cost of buying liquid detergent.

That’s all for now, but I’ll be back with more tricks for not spending money unless absolutely necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment