Wednesday 7 August 2013

Sebatical over

Well it's been a while.

The past four months or so have been so crazy that I have only just recently had a chance to think of this blog again.

I started a new (salaried) job, went on vacation to Colombia, went camping with friends, visited England (through Gatwick South Terminal - still no water fountains!), moved into a new, 2-bedroom apartment, I bought a farm share and a bicycle.

My new job's salary means that I no longer have to worry about week-to-week or month-to-month expenses. The salary is fairly low, but I'm able to live comfortably enough that my freezer currently contains (gasp!) ice cream sandwiches.

In many ways, though, my frugal way of life still exists. And I'll try and get back to writing more regularly about it. About how my main form of transportation is now two-wheeled, about how Colombia is a beautifully frugal holiday destination, and about how my farm share means I have so much locally grown vegetables every week that my freezer is bulging with home made ready-meals. Yum!

But for now, I'd best get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment