Thursday 1 November 2012

Flower headband for under $2



I taught myself to crochet last week, because I'm separated from my fabric and sewing machine, and this was cheaper than buying a new machine in utter desperation. My first project was a bunny rabbit, which has major issues with lopsidedness. But my second project was this super-cute flower headband.


It was incredibly easy to make. I used this free pattern for the flower from the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog (which I found while searching on Pinterest) and I made the band by doing a continuous chain from the light coloured yarn until it was the right length to go around my head, and then putting a double crochet into each stitch all the way along. I then attached the loose ends of the band to the flower to make the headband. 

The hook cost $1.69, and the coloured yarns cost $1.99 each, but I already had the hook, and I only used a small portion of each ball of yarn, so I work out the cost to be under $2. It would probably cost about $10 if bought ready-made (although it might also look a bit more polished!).

I’ll be coming back with a new tip next week, but it’s taking a bit of time to put together and research.

No comments:

Post a Comment