Thursday 30 August 2012

Tip #1 - Laundry

The first quick tip is to do with laundry.  I’ve always had sensitive skin, and have needed liquid, sensitive skin detergent since I was born.  With bottles of liquid detergent costing up to $15, depending on brand and volume, the cost seemed minimal at first, but can add up over the year, let alone decade.  The solution to this is washing balls.  I bought a set (I won’t mention a brand name as I’m unwilling to promote any specific product on this blog) in the UK for 10 nearly four years ago.  The starter pack came with two balls, two refills, and an eco stain remover.  I’ve purchased some more refills, which cost another 10 for six refill packs.  Therefore, I’ve spent 20 over 4 years for all my laundry for me and my boyfriend (just over $30 Canadian).  That’s under $10/year, well below the cost of buying liquid detergent.

That’s all for now, but I’ll be back with more tricks for not spending money unless absolutely necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment